FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pre-compose character blink, eyes don't close anymore!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elke Weiss
Pre-compose character blink, eyes don't close anymore!
on Jun 4, 2015 at 5:00:42 pm

I think I tried everything and checked everything, I have no idea why it is doing this. I have in one composition an eye blink (head composition), then I have the head in another composition where the body is. Then I have this composition in the main animation. So in this last composition the eyes don't close anymore properly, and I seriously don't know why. Frame rates are the same. The files are all PSD, except the eyelids are just a AE solid with a mask moving up and down...hm... maybe that is the problem? I tried the rasterize button, does not change a thing...

Anyone? Help? Please??

Thank you!
Cheerio
Elke

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Pre-compose character blink, eyes don't close anymore!
on Jun 4, 2015 at 5:23:56 pm

How are you animating the eye blink?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Elke Weiss
on Jun 4, 2015 at 5:30:50 pm

Hi Dave, thanks for responding. So right now, I have a masked solid on top of the eyes (which are a PSD file), and the mask basically moves up and down to cover the eye. So I just keyframe basically the mask going up and down.
I just dragged that comp of the whole body in a new comp and it works. Maybe there is something with the main comp... very strange... will investigate...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 4, 2015 at 7:30:44 pm

Check if the comp is offset in time or if it has Time Remapping or any other time effect on it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Elke Weiss
on Jun 4, 2015 at 11:58:27 pm

I will, thank you! I have time remapping on the mouth shapes, but not blinks, but maybe that affects in other ways, have to go through everything again. Argh... thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]