FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color wipes with text/vectors

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Van Nest
Color wipes with text/vectors
on May 18, 2015 at 2:21:08 pm

I'm looking to create a rather simple wipe effect for an intro and need some guidance. I'd like to jazz it up beyond a simple wipe, similar to what occurs with the text in this video:

In that video the text reveals itself in three waves of shaped colors, and I'm trying to acheive a similar effect with text also and maybe some 2D shapes (ignore all the other bells & whistles going on in that video).

I have a general basic understanding of AE and it's elements so I'd like to think a simple animation like this is within my grasp. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Color wipes with text/vectors
on May 19, 2015 at 3:02:32 pm

There are several ways you could do this. The easiest would be to download that template (the link to download it is in the video description on YouTube).

If you wanted to do it from scratch, there are a couple of ways.

The easiest would be to use a copy of your text as a track matte for a precomp. Inside that precomp, wipe several colors from left to right with Turbulent Displace or Roughen Edges applied.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Taylor Van Nest
on May 21, 2015 at 2:51:26 pm

Yes, I'm sorry I should've mentioned I wanted to create (and learn) these from scratch. Thank you for opening my eyes, my animation came out great!!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 21, 2015 at 5:53:37 pm

I'm glad I could help! :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]