FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating Shape Layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Faraz Mozafarian
Animating Shape Layers
on Mar 25, 2015 at 12:39:47 am

I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere but I've spent the good past few hours trying to find a solution to this.

I have a simple logo that was crated in Photoshop. It consists of some text spelling out a name and couple lines above and below. I had someone take this into Illustrator and make "paths" (sorry if I am using the wrong terminology) So basically I can click on each individually letter or line in illustrator and it selects it rather than the whole logo.

Anyway, I now have taken this into AE and did "Create Shapes from Vector Layer" to create shape layers for each letter of text etc..

All I want to do now is have the letters "write on" similar to Generate Stroke. I have tried trim paths but I'm not getting the results I want. For instance, I have the letter "N" and I just want it to write on.

Below is a screenshot of the letter I am trying to animate and the content of the shape layer.

Return to posts index

Paul Esteves
Re: Animating Shape Layers
on Mar 25, 2015 at 1:18:22 pm

Joey gives 3 great methods of doing a write on technique.

Return to posts index

Faraz Mozafarian
on Mar 31, 2015 at 6:33:10 pm

Thank You! This really helped.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 25, 2015 at 1:18:44 pm

There are dozens of "write-on" tutorials out there. Most of them involve creating some kind of stroke and using it to reveal your letter. Google around a bit and find the one that fits your needs.

On a simple level, draw a mask on that layer and use the Stroke effect to reveal it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

trevor phillips
on Apr 3, 2015 at 7:10:40 am

I really like it, thanks a lot

Return to posts index

trevor phillips
on Apr 3, 2015 at 7:09:43 am

Thanks a lot for sharing here! I really like such effects on my videos. But I prefer using some pre-made objects like those from http://videohive.net/item/shape-elements/7826596 They make my videos really great and funny :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]