FORUMS: list search recent posts

blur on adjustment layer when importing from AE to PP via dynamic link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brandon ross
blur on adjustment layer when importing from AE to PP via dynamic link
on Mar 8, 2015 at 4:22:34 pm

Hi there. I'm having trouble with a project I bring into PP from AE via dynamic link. (using CS6 for both)

On my AE project, I have an adjustment layer with lens blur added to it. I also have a track matte assigned to that adjustment layer, because I have a specific shape in which I want the blur to be applied. Works fine in AE.

However, when I bring the project into PP, the adjustment layer's blur is not applied to anything in PP. It does show up as a blur on animations I created in AE, but is not applied to any footage dropped under it in PP.

Is this normal, or is there a workaround? At this point there it seems there is no benefit in using dynamic link over exporting the project as a clip with an alpha channel.

If it helps to understand, the project is a lower third animation. The goal is to not only have it a little transparent but also slightly blur whatever footage is behind it, only in the area of the lower third.

Any help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: blur on adjustment layer when importing from AE to PP via dynamic link
on Mar 9, 2015 at 1:37:14 pm

Unfortunately that is normal. Effects applied in AE won't affect clips in Premiere through dynamic link. The benefit of dynamic link is if you need to change the text or tweak the lower third in any way, you don't need to re-export it, re-import it, and drop it in the timeline again.

To add your blur, you could export (or use Dynamic Link!) from After Effects a clip with an alpha channel that contains a solid shape of the area you want to blur and use that as a track matte in Premiere to add your blur to a specific area.

Return to posts index

brandon ross
Re: blur on adjustment layer when importing from AE to PP via dynamic link
on Mar 9, 2015 at 5:57:08 pm

Ah. Thanks so much for the info. And thanks for the suggested work-around!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]