DUIK assistance - Bones not working.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Gamble
DUIK assistance - Bones not working.
on Feb 10, 2015 at 12:17:09 am

Hi there guys,

just wondered if anybody could help!

I've been following a tutorial on Youtube that uses the DUIK script. I've been following it all okay, until I actually got to the setting up of the rig in AE.

I started first with the arm, using the puppet pin tool to place a pin at the shoulder, elbow, and wrist. Then the tutorial told me to select the shoulder pin, and go into the DUIK window and select 'Bones'. On the video, the yellow pin was replaced with a red null object and appeared exactly where the yellow pin was originally (replacing it obviously..) except for me, the null object went to the corner of the screen, not ontop of the yellow dot on the shoulder joint..
I tried with other limbs, but the issue remained. I tried changing the file names, restarting AE, but nothing seems to be working.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: DUIK assistance - Bones not working.
on Feb 10, 2015 at 4:09:27 pm

Are you selecting the pin in the timeline? It works properly for me using DUIK v 14.11.

Return to posts index

Thomas Gamble
on Feb 11, 2015 at 12:19:26 am

I selected the pin in the timeline. And when I add a bone, this happens:

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Feb 11, 2015 at 7:03:25 am
Last Edited By Brian Charles on Feb 11, 2015 at 3:49:39 pm

How odd. Its not happening at all here. Is there anything unusual about your comp? e.g.: Anchor points moved, other expressions, effects applied etc?

I see the issue, just cannot replicate it here. Perhaps you should contact the author of the script.

Return to posts index

Layal Salman
on Feb 1, 2016 at 9:41:14 am

hey,
glad i stumbled upon your question as i am facing the same issue right now. did you end up knowing what the problem was? It's so frustrating, there is nothing unusual/scaled/moved in my comp!

Return to posts index

max zuman
on Feb 8, 2016 at 1:31:46 pm

Just got this bug today as well. It sems that "*" collapse transformations mode switched on .ai layer shifts local coordinates to the moon. Didnt find a way to make my vectors crispy clear afrer all the bendings but at least it lets me complete my rigging.

Return to posts index

Oleg Kulinich
on May 15, 2016 at 12:55:11 pm

Hi!
I'm using DUIK a lot, and this is first time I met this bug.
And it seems - it's actually a bug. Just tried to creacte new project and set up the same composition — everething worked perfectly, as always.

BTW
Max Zuman, instead using "*" collapse transformations to amke layers "scalable", you should scale your .ai layaer to 200%, than make pre-comp, and scale it back to 50% — though you'd be able to zoom in to you vector layers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]