FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere + After effects + collect files?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kendall Shaw
Premiere + After effects + collect files?
on Dec 15, 2014 at 4:48:26 am

I have a premiere project with linked after effects compositions. And it's a mess. I would like to reorganize. Collect files sounds good. But, I'm not sure how it works with linked compositions.

I expect that I could relink manually in premiere after collecting files. But I would rather not do all that work. Do you have a suggestion?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premiere + After effects + collect files?
on Dec 15, 2014 at 9:54:21 pm

Ugh. I'm afraid you'll have to use the collect files command in AE and see what happens.

Developing a good organizational technique for projects involving multiple applications is tricky at the beginning, but saves time at the end.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kendall Shaw
on Dec 17, 2014 at 5:06:11 am

I tried collecting files. It prompted me to select a premiere linked sequence. But, it only let me select 1 sequence, then it collected the files.

You can choose to create a report without collecting the files. But the report doesn't have enough information to do much with it.

So, I am in the process of recreating the projects and relinking them.

I wish an aepx file had all of the properties, layers and compositions in human readable and editable form.

I wish there was 1 program that is both premiere and after effects...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 17, 2014 at 4:35:37 pm

[Kendall Shaw]: I wish there was 1 program that is both premiere and after effects...

Oh, there is, but it'll cost you about $14K -- per year -- and you can't run any old hardware & software you please. You have to run what THEY mandate.

Still interested?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]