FORUMS: list search recent posts

Continuous rasterization without collapse transformation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tully McWatters
Continuous rasterization without collapse transformation
on Nov 23, 2014 at 4:58:24 pm

My precomp is of a spaceship and it is a 3D layer.

In my spaceship precomp I have a vector layer with the bulge effect on it. The bulge center is pic whipped to a null position and is moving along a path.

The bulge effect works fine when the sun button isn't clicked. However, when I try to continuously rasterize the ship, the bulge effect is collapsed. It acts like the 2D effect it is and doesn't stick to the composition space.

Is there anyway to continuously rasterize without collapsing transformation / any other way around this issue? I'm guessing it probably has something to do with the render order, but I just seem to figure it out.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Continuous rasterization without collapse transformation
on Nov 24, 2014 at 4:30:13 pm

[Tully McWatters] "The bulge effect works fine when the sun button isn't clicked. However, when I try to continuously rasterize the ship, the bulge effect is collapsed. It acts like the 2D effect it is and doesn't stick to the composition space."

The layer space of a vector layer changes when it is continuously rasterized. Precomp the layer, and transform and continuously rasterize inside the precomp. Leave the Bulge effect applied to the precomp, not the original vector layer.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Tully McWatters
on Nov 25, 2014 at 8:00:44 am

I was expecting that to work, but unfortunately the bulge is still acting like a 2d layer. I have a "Pipe" precomp, nested in a "Spaceship" precomp, nested in the "Starfield" master comp. Any ideas on why this is still happening?

Here are some images of my comps

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 25, 2014 at 1:34:45 pm

I apologize, I misunderstood your problem. I thought you were talking about paths not lining up pre- and post-continuous rasterization.

If you want a 3D-aware bulge effect, check out Mettle FreeForm [link] (or Mettle FreeForm Pro [link] for more controls).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]