FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create an ocean of words (text) using psunami/particular or both?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Clark
How to create an ocean of words (text) using psunami/particular or both?
on Oct 29, 2014 at 8:05:17 pm

I'm trying to create an ocean scene both shot from above and underneath where the top/surface is made up of words. So imagine a sea made up of individual words.

I have tsunami and particular and can make particular spit out words, but wonder if it's possible to use tsunami and its undulating sea frame layer to put the text onto. I prefer to have the text be individual and know if I use an image layer of words those words will bend, where I want the words to be stiff (not fluid. I just want the words to move up and down like water with waves and swell etc.

Can someone point me to a tutorial that might help or even tell me if this is possible? If so what would I need to accomplish this and what technique would I employ?

Thanks,

Craig

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: How to create an ocean of words (text) using psunami/particular or both?
on Oct 30, 2014 at 11:51:32 pm

I'd probably approach this using Trapcode Form rather than Particular, and I'd create a grayscale displacement map to drive the position of the particles -- either with some layers of fractal noise, Wave World, or Caustics.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Craig Clark
on Oct 31, 2014 at 1:39:35 am

Thanks for your answer and that has actually been the path I'm on.

The problem I'm running into is that when I create another composition that contains words (exactly as he does at 5:50) and then load that into my original composition and try then change the Particles Type to Sprite and the Texture to my new composition, while changing the spacing of the particles does not seem to be the words.

So my question is why can I change the particles to letters using particular but when I try changing the particles in FORM it does not produce letters?

Return to posts index

Craig Clark
on Oct 31, 2014 at 5:01:42 am

I got it. You actually answered this in another thread. I had the particle size too small and too many to make out they were words. Just needed to increase the particle size allot.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]