FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Effect Is This?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb Green
What Effect Is This?
on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:52:10 am
Last Edited By Caleb Green on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:52:44 am

Hi All,

I'm looking at this video and trying to figure out how the early overlay effects are done. Are these simply clips over layed at a low transparency with some lens flare, or is this a style I'm not aware of?

This might not even be AE, but I thought I would ask here first.

Thanks for the help,


Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: What Effect Is This?
on Sep 5, 2014 at 12:42:18 pm

Well they are going for a film burn or film damage effect, if you do a search here you will find a lot threads on how to create the look from scratch...or where to get stock footage and how to apply it. Mostly it's a quick dissolve with whatever transfer mode looks best to you.

Here's a site with Free Film Burn footage

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved