FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Saves copy every time I save

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claudia Gabriela
AE Saves copy every time I save
on Jul 28, 2014 at 5:15:04 pm

Hey guys,
Every time I save my After Effects project, it saves a copy of the project. I hit Comand + S to save it, not save as, and it does this every time.

Can anyone tell me how to make this STOP? I just want to be able to save this project without making a new copy each time

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE Saves copy every time I save
on Jul 28, 2014 at 5:21:02 pm

I don't know where the setting is ocated to make it stop; I'll guess that it's in AE Preferences.

It's kind of ironic -- here you are trying to get that behavior to stop, but I do it every time I want to save after I've reached a significant mark in the progress of a project. Once you've been burned by corrupted project file, you may think twice about such things.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Claudia Gabriela
on Jul 28, 2014 at 5:39:18 pm

Thanks,
But the company I work for asks to save this way. Different workflows, I suppose.

Thanks again though

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 28, 2014 at 6:39:31 pm

If you haven't checked AE Preferences yet to turn off the auto save a copy feature, I would.

Then I'd use the save a copy feature to keep a duplicate project file someplace when network weirdness corrupts the company-mandated single project file.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 28, 2014 at 8:30:03 pm

After Effects should only force you to Save As when you are opening a project file saved by an earlier version of Ae. It does this to prevent you from accidentally making that AEP unreadable by prior versions.

However, once you do that initial Save As, subsequent saves should not be Save As.

If you're seeing this behavior every time you save, perhaps you should rest Ae's preferences? Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while Ae is starting.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jul 28, 2014 at 8:35:11 pm

Sounds like its Incremental saving every time. Though its only supposed to when you hit increment and save.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]