FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to get a reflection, metal effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Linthicum
Trying to get a reflection, metal effect
on Jul 26, 2014 at 12:58:57 am

Doing some experimenting, I can not get a layer to reflect anything.

I just came across Brian Moffit's tutorial and i do not have the same options as he does even though we are both in AE6 and as far as i can see the settings are the same.

I have no Geometry Option and in Material Options I don't have the options he has.

Any info would be appreciated.

From Brian's demo,

My options

Thanks, Mark

Return to posts index

James Hernandez
Re: Trying to get a reflection, metal effect
on Jul 26, 2014 at 3:18:50 am

I have AE6 open, so I duplicated your layer and hit the 3D selection, and the Geometry options appeared. I turned off the 3D selection, and they disappeared.

Sometimes, once in a blue moon, you get a weird problem that simply requires you to reboot your computer and restart your program. We run these programs day and night and forget to give them a rest. :)

Hope that's all it is.

Return to posts index

Mark Linthicum
on Jul 26, 2014 at 3:23:21 am

Thanks but i figured it out, you need Ray-trace 3D on and it is not supported on the new Mac Pro! thank you Adobe!

Thanks, Mark

Return to posts index

James Hernandez
on Jul 26, 2014 at 3:45:04 am

Bummer. I'm the freak that has always preferred pc's to macs, but I'm noticing that my friends are running into lots of issues with macs also.

I love the Mac designs, but stayed away just because of the simple right-click issue with their mouses. I heard later that Mac sells mice with the right-click option, but it was too late. haha

Like strawberry or chocolate, whatever you prefer.

Is there plug-in that can cover the gap for you???

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 28, 2014 at 3:35:19 pm

It's not that the Mac Pros don't support it; it's that the 3d ray-tracing renderer is based on NVIDIA technology and is too slow to be useful on a machine without certain NVIDIA cards. That's why Adobe is moving away from the ray-traced renderer and on to a more full-fledged 3d option.

And I like chocolate-covered strawberries.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]