FORUMS: list search recent posts

Radial Blur pull in to center?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ocean Byrne
Radial Blur pull in to center?
on Jul 16, 2014 at 10:58:45 pm

I want to do the Radial Blur effect, but in reverse. I want it to take may layer blur a line from all of my visible pixels to the center point.

Just like Radial Blur does, but it goes out from the Center Point and blurs the pixels away.

How can I blur the pixels in to the Center Point?

Return to posts index

AD Narayan
Re: Radial Blur pull in to center?
on Jul 16, 2014 at 11:00:43 pm

Apply to Adjustment Layer. Then time reverse the layer itself.

Freelancer Video Producer at RedArch Designs | Media Manager and Motion Graphics artist at Tomorrowland Sound & Vision

Return to posts index

Ocean Byrne
on Jul 16, 2014 at 11:15:19 pm

Hmm, I like the way you are thinking, but I dont think that will work for me.

I want a bunch of streaks connecting all my pixels to the same center point. Like in sci-fi movies when the laser scans the room and a beam shoots out of the scanner to all the points it hits.

Return to posts index

Ocean Byrne
on Jul 16, 2014 at 11:22:56 pm

I can kind of get what I want using CC Radial Blur (not CC Radial Fast Blur) and setting it to "Straight Blur" with a negative "aAmount", except it stops me at -250, and I want it to pull in all the way to the center point.

Return to posts index

AD Narayan
on Jul 17, 2014 at 12:21:24 am

I'm finding it hard to visualise what you're trying to achieve. Maybe a screenshot might help?

Freelancer Video Producer at RedArch Designs | Media Manager and Motion Graphics artist at Tomorrowland Sound & Vision

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:13:09 pm

A few different copies of the effect on top of one another?
Have you tried typing in a lower value and not just using a slider?
Add some other effects (such as Bulge set to a negative value)?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ocean Byrne
on Jul 17, 2014 at 5:06:10 pm

I did try typing in a lower value, but CC Radial Blur clamps it at -250.

I am sort of able to get what I want by duplicating the entire layer with the Radial Blur on it, and then scaling down around my center point. (I created a null, and expression pickwhipped the Radial Blurs Center Point to the Null, then duplicated the layer, parented it to the Null, and scaled down.) Unfortunately though, this approach has several drawbacks. Mainly speed, the non-Fast CC Radial Blur is pretty slow, and once you have 3 scaled layers going to get to the center, it is very slow to update. The second issue is if you want to move your center point this approach breaks down, unless you set up some sort of complex expression to distribute the layers between scaled up and version and the Center Null.

Given that there are various Effects like CC Radial Fast Blur, and CC Light Wipe that very quickly render what I want but outwards, it seems like there should be an easier way to get the blurred to the center effect I am going for.

Anyone know of a plugin for this?

Here is a pic of what I am doing/going for:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]