FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame Rate Issues in YouTube with Animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Richards
Frame Rate Issues in YouTube with Animation
on Jun 30, 2014 at 11:18:54 am

Recently I have been doing some simple 2D animations in After Effects (I know that may sound odd but AE is what I'm used to) and after rendering them out and uploading to YouTube they appear extremely laggy as if they have a very low frame rate.

I render them at 60fps, and I realise that YouTube only supports 30fps, but they still seem very jittery. I'm about to start on some other videos and I'd really appreciate knowing how to fix this before I start the others!

Below is a link of what I am talking about:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Frame Rate Issues in YouTube with Animation
on Jun 30, 2014 at 2:11:03 pm

Adding Motion blur will greatly help. It is the check box close to the 3D layer check box. Look for the one with three stacked circles. Also, 60fps is a strange FPS for what you are doing. Last, YouTube isn't really know for videos that look really sharp. That is why many video professionals have there work on Vimeo.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Ed Richards
on Jun 30, 2014 at 4:27:42 pm

Thanks so much for your quick response!

I didn't realise that motion blur was the solution to this but I can see now that it is!

I was so used to using 60FPS before animation I didn't think anything of it, would it be better to use 30FPS instead?

So as I'm using cameras and 3D layers to create a depth of field in the motion, should I just apply the motion blur to all the objects which are actually keyframed to move, or the cameras too?

I would use Vimeo but YouTube was the preference for the person I'm creating animations for!

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 30, 2014 at 5:01:01 pm

This video I did is 24fps:

Add the motion blur to the elements that you want to have motion blur which is typically every layer.

YouTube is still a great site.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]