FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE animation black silhouette issue!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sergio paez
AE animation black silhouette issue!
on May 7, 2014 at 9:00:57 pm

Hello everyone
i have a problem with AE animation, a black silhouette appearing after I move this characters jawline. I have the meshes expansion beyond it borders so its not clipping the photoshop image. The question will the silhouette appear in video render? if so, how can i remedy this? I have attached some screenshot to hopefully know what exactly is causing this and how to remedy this. A big thanks in advance fellas i hope to hear from your guys soon.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: AE animation black silhouette issue!
on May 7, 2014 at 10:44:08 pm

Set the Blending Mode to Alpha Add for the layers that make up the Jaw.

HTH
RoRK
Gaudy Teaser Promo for an upcoming AE Type Gizmo.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

sergio paez
on May 7, 2014 at 10:57:52 pm

Thank for the fast reply. i changed the layers blending mode to alpha add no results. the reason that this is happening cause there both could separate compositions? the head is separate composition with facial controls that i later copied and pasted onto the rest of the body?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 7, 2014 at 11:12:09 pm

I see two nested comps in your screencap - "front hand" and "head primary". Assuming that "head primary" contains the layers that make up the jaw area, you have to go into the precomp and set the Blending Mode there. Also, assuming that the jaw animation is done in the master/parent comp, you have to enable Continuously Rasterize for the "head primary" nested comp - this ensures that the Blending Mode in the precomp is carried over.

Hopefully, the continuously rasterize switch doesn't introduce issues. If it does, then see if you can bring everything from the precomp into the master/parent comp - in other words, do everything in the master/parent comp.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

sergio paez
on May 8, 2014 at 12:04:03 am

haha awesome brotha your suggestion worked!.

Am not going to bs you but i bit off more than i can chew with this this project. Am a illustrator student and hooked up with a buddy that is a film major that needed animations pieces for his film. Its my 3rd week using AE and basically following this tutorial to the T, but noticed the tutorial character is a bit different than mine PSD later wise so i put nulls different spots and found another dilemma.

In "head_primary" has the head and neck PSD images and the null controls that imported imported over to t "side_man"composition successfully and working. The neck nulls which are simple nulls that are just pinned to the "neck" PSD and has a parent hierarchy no scripting just the script to control the null to the pin. I need to get those nulls over to composition "side_man" so i copy and paste them over but there not attached to the neck anymore. And if i try to re-pin i get a white cursor with a white box under it? I would like to be able control neck and face all in "side_man" comp. How would i get these simple attached nulls over to the other comp? I can parent them to new nulls cause the pick whip link breaks. If you would like i can send you a the file privately? i know its something simple but my brain is fried!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on May 8, 2014 at 1:58:21 am

I'm glad you've got your issue sorted out. AND that does look like an involved comp - looks good too!

Cheers!
RoRK

Return to posts index

sergio paez
on May 7, 2014 at 11:10:43 pm

Thank for the fast reply. i changed the layers blending mode to alpha add no results. could it be that there both separate compositions? the head is separate composition with facial controls that i later copied and pasted onto the rest of the body.

Return to posts index

sergio paez
on May 7, 2014 at 11:16:55 pm

Apologies my grammar skill aren't very good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]