FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I make the letter "e" look like its rolling in?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Boone
How do I make the letter "e" look like its rolling in?
on Apr 30, 2014 at 2:42:18 pm

I'm animating a logo, and I want the letter "e" to roll onto the screen from left to right. How do I do this?

Thank you

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How do I make the letter "e" look like its rolling in?
on Apr 30, 2014 at 3:18:50 pm

Depends if the letter "e" is part of a logo graphic or text. Basically, you will need to isolate the "e", if logo you would duplicate the layer, subtract mask from one layer, add mask to your "e" solo layer. Move the anchor point(select the move anchor point tool by pressing "Y"), to the center of the "e", then use position and rotation to roll it into place.

Since this is a fairly simple operation, I'm going to suggest, Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: How do I make the letter "e" look like its rolling in?
on Apr 30, 2014 at 5:48:12 pm

If you mean make it look as if rolling on itself on the ground, you should draw an elliptcal mask thats close to the e shape. copy that mask path and paste it onto it's anchor point (adjust all keyframes as needed to reposition to any "e" edge), then animate 1 rotation revolution to the same duration. After that is just X position and keyframe speed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]