FORUMS: list search recent posts

export problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Sargsyan
export problems
on Mar 29, 2014 at 10:06:23 pm

Hey everyone,

Im having some issues when rendering out my ae file, I didnt have this issue until recently. I have everythong including my ae project, my c4d project and my render settings to 24fps; but when I go to render out of AME I scrub through the timecode and notice that the frames go till 29. When I check that rendered clip after to see its fps it tells me 24. Please if anyone knows whats going on id appreciate the help cause this is driving me nuts.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: export problems
on Mar 31, 2014 at 5:54:33 pm

I'm sure everything's fine, up to a point.

The comp's just set to display at 29.97 fps. Or perhaps the comp's frame rate is set to 29.97. I'd say fix the second one and the problem goes away.

But are you SURE you want 24 fps? 23.976 is a far more common frame rate, especially when it's footage from a non-celluloid-media camera. I'd double-check that for sure.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nina Sargsyan
Re: xport problems
on Mar 31, 2014 at 6:09:40 pm

Hey thanks for the reply, I set the the display in media encoder settings to 24 since it was set to 30. I have shot 24fps on the camera itself and im outputting to 24fps for cinema.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 31, 2014 at 6:26:52 pm

mmmmmmmm...... you may want to check your footage's frame rate in AE's project window.

I'll reiterate: unless the camera shoots actual celluloid film, or unless the camera costs more than a compact car, the chances are VERY GOOD that the footage was shot at 23.976. It seems like a tiny difference -- and indeed it is -- but maintaining the actual frame rate throughout the production process makes your life easier.

And if it does turn out to be 23.976, don't sweat it. Just find out the delivery specifications for your project, and proceed accordingly. The chances are also very good that 23.976 will be perfectly fine for delivery.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Nina Sargsyan
on Mar 31, 2014 at 6:34:18 pm

Ive used the exact same settings in ae and premiere as I did in my previous film. I shoot on canon 5d mark 3 at 24 fps, and it shows in ae as 23.976 and this has never caused an issue and its still not. My problem got solved when I went into the settings in AME and realized it was set to 30fps.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 31, 2014 at 7:56:53 pm

If you haven't had frame rate issues yet, then good for you. Just know that the possibility for them exists in your current workflow.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]