FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicating comps containing pre-comps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Howe
Duplicating comps containing pre-comps
on Mar 5, 2014 at 9:16:50 am

Apologies in advance if this subject has been exhausted previously.

My issue is about duplicating compositions that contain pre-comps, i know that to create a 'true' duplication of a comp so its properties can be edited independently it has to be done within the projects panel and not in the timeline but if i duplicate a comp in the projects panel and it contains multiple pre-comps i then have to go into that main duplicated comp and duplicate all the pre comps within it so that the entire main comp is independent. Or do i ?....

Is there a way of duplicating an entire comp in one go so that the whole main composition and all its pre compositions are duplicated?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Duplicating comps containing pre-comps
on Mar 5, 2014 at 11:13:02 am

[Olly Howe] "Is there a way of duplicating an entire comp in one go so that the whole main composition and all its pre compositions are duplicated?"

Check out Brennan Chapman's True Comp Duplicator script [link].

If you must do this without a useful script like this, then you can select the comp you want to duplicate, then Save As... and choose a different name for your AEP. Next, reduce the project (with only the comp you want to ultimately duplicate selected, File > Reduce project or File > Dependencies > Reduce project, depending on your version of Ae). Save the reduced project. Re-open your original project and import the reduced project once for every duplicate you want.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Olly Howe
Re: Duplicating comps containing pre-comps
on Mar 5, 2014 at 11:14:55 am

Perfect! Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>