FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects CS6 adding mask points issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Adamson
After Effects CS6 adding mask points issue
on Feb 2, 2014 at 10:15:44 am

I'm not quite sure how to describe this, but I'm having this issue where I will click once to make a linear mask point. Now the second click will usually result in a second point, however, what it now does is that it changes the original point that I placed to a bezier point and places one of the handles of that point at the point that I clicked a second time.

Each successive click, or click and drag now results in placing points located very close to the original point (sorry this part isn't a great explanation, but it's really difficult to describe) and functions as adding points to an already closed mask path as opposed to placing points where my cursor is.

I'm running After Effects CS6 on an early 2013 15-inch retina macbook pro with quad core, 16gb ram and osx 10.8.5 Mountain Lion. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything and the issue has persisted through application restarts as well as computer restarts. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I may give it a go if that's my only option.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
Re: After Effects CS6 adding mask points issue
on Feb 2, 2014 at 3:51:15 pm

You have the RotoBezier option checked in the tool bar.

Return to posts index

Tim Adamson
on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:10:05 am
Last Edited By Tim Adamson on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:12:53 am

Hmm… I tried checking and unchecking that multiple times but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Could it perhaps be locked to 'on' somehow?

And no, I don't have any expressions applied, it just happens as soon as I try to draw any mask.

Thank you both for your replies!

EDIT: Okay… apparently it only does that when I try to draw a mask on an imported Cinema 4D .tif sequence. I'll do a little more testing.

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Feb 4, 2014 at 8:54:26 pm

Hmmm.....

You might try resetting After Effects preferences to the defaults.

Hold down the Shift+Alt+Control keys as your launch After Effects. Shift+Option+Command on the Mac.

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
on Feb 3, 2014 at 3:24:22 pm

You don't have any expressions applied to your mask do you? That's what it sounds like. If you do, you have to disable the expression to modify the mask.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]