FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import video to After, in some point, the video get all green.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jorge Enrique Villafradez Peña
Import video to After, in some point, the video get all green.
on Jan 13, 2014 at 9:08:27 pm

Hello.
First time here.

We have a video, We've been working on it using After Effects cs 5.5 in a 64 bits Win 7 64 pcs with a Core i7 processor and 8Gb in RAM (I know, it is not the ultimate machine). Anyway, we rendered the video as quicktime H.264 full quality. The video runs fine in quicktime, but the we import it again to After to add something and by minute 10, the video is replaced by a green screen (sometimes is red) Nothing we tried can fix it, All we can do is export the video again from Quicktime but I'm sure a little quality is lost there. I don't know why is this happening and everyforum I read so far speaks about keying with green or any other kind of problem. Please, let me know if you know something about this. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Import video to After, in some point, the video get all green.
on Jan 13, 2014 at 9:24:52 pm

[Jorge Enrique Villafradez Peña] "Anyway, we rendered the video as quicktime H.264 full quality. The video runs fine in quicktime, but the we import it again to After to add something and by minute 10, the video is replaced by a green screen (sometimes is red)"

[Jorge Enrique Villafradez Peña] "All we can do is export the video again from Quicktime but I'm sure a little quality is lost there."

If you are concerned about losing quality, you shouldn't be using direct export to H.264 from Ae for your intermediates anyway.

Use Lossless, or QuickTime Animation at 100%, or QuickTime with PNG, or QuickTime with PhotoJPEG with high quality settings. Consider DNxHD for compressed HD intermediates.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jorge Enrique Villafradez Peña
on Jan 13, 2014 at 9:32:59 pm

Thank you, I'll take that on account. But the main problem is still there. Why does the video get all green when I import it to After?

Return to posts index

Chris Evans
on Jan 14, 2014 at 2:40:29 pm

Are you using another program called After, or do you mean After Effects?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 14, 2014 at 3:26:16 pm

[Jorge Enrique Villafradez Peña] "Thank you, I'll take that on account. But the main problem is still there. Why does the video get all green when I import it to After?"

I don't think highly of QuickTime's H.264 encoder, and I always recommend against rendering directly to H.264 from Ae. I think it's most likely that the root of your problem is actually in your export, not in the import.

I think the best solution to your problem is to re-render.

The next best solution is to transcode your H.264 output to some other format. Since you said QuickTime Player can play the file well, you could use that to transcode to QuickTime Animation, QuickTime PNG, or QuickTime PhotoJPEG. Animation (at 100%) and PNG are both lossless. PhotoJPEG at high quality levels will not degrade much.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]