FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Image Sequence to time line Prompt is MISSING AECS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Rosemark
Importing Image Sequence to time line Prompt is MISSING AECS5
on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:04:40 pm
Last Edited By Dustin Rosemark on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:09:55 pm

I have a sequenced number of PSD files 001,002,003,004 etc.

I want to import these into the AE time line. In the past I have imported the files, then selected them and then dragged them to the time line. When I do that it should trigger a prompt asking me:
1) How many frames do you want each .psd to last
2) Do you want to sequence the files or overlap them

I want to sequence them, but for some reason when I drag files over to the time line this prompt doesn't come up (as it did in the past) instead it just overlaps all the files on top of each other.

What has changed? How do get the prompt to come back?

Please help my work day has officially come to a halt.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Importing Image Sequence to time line Prompt is MISSING AECS5
on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:24:54 pm

Firstly, you might consider importing these as an image sequence instead of a stack of still frames.

Re-import 0001.psd, making sure the "Import image sequence" button is checked. This will bring them all in as if they were a single movie. You can control the frame rate by right-clicking and choosing Interpret footage from the project panel.

However, if you prefer to keep them all as separate layers, drag them into your timeline, select them all, right-click one, then choose Keyframe assistant > Sequence layers...

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dustin Rosemark
on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:46:00 pm

Thanks for responding Walter.

When I proceed as you advise with you 2nd suggestion, after I apply keyframe assistant> Sequence layers the sequence reverses order. This can be solved with a simple "Play in Reverse" later, but this will cost render time.

Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:50:54 pm

[Dustin Rosemark] "When I proceed as you advise with you 2nd suggestion, after I apply keyframe assistant> Sequence layers the sequence reverses order. This can be solved with a simple "Play in Reverse" later, but this will cost render time. Is there any way to correct this?"

Yes -- select the layers in the opposite order. Click the one you one first, then shift-click the one you want last.

(But really, if you're just sequencing frames at a regular rate, it's much easier to deal with them as an image sequence.)

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Dustin Rosemark
on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:54:57 pm

[Walter Soyka] "(But really, if you're just sequencing frames at a regular rate, it's much easier to deal with them as an image sequence.)
"

... as it is I am not just sequencing frames at a regular rate. I am also applying a master crop and individually applying a register.

I have restarted the program and started on a different image sequence. The prompt came up immediately, so I am out of the woods for now.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:56:38 pm

[Dustin Rosemark] "... as it is I am not just sequencing frames at a regular rate. I am also applying a master crop and individually applying a register. "

You could do these with an image sequence, too. No need for a zillion layers unless you really like them.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]