FORUMS: list search recent posts

phyx keyer mattefuse in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis Wood
phyx keyer mattefuse in after effects
on Jan 4, 2014 at 4:55:54 pm

Working on a small project with a lot of green screen. having difficulty getting a clean key on the foot shadows. I'm able to achieve a good key on the rest of the subject and i think i can get the perfect overall key by using multiple mattes. however to achieve this im trying to use the matte fuse tool included with the phyx plugin.

Does anyone know how this works? I cant find any tutorials demonstrating how to use it properly.

I would be grateful for any help you can offer.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: phyx keyer mattefuse in after effects
on Jan 4, 2014 at 5:46:45 pm

Does the plug-in not come with documentation? Have you asked the Phyx folks from whom you bought the plug-in?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Lewis Wood
on Jan 5, 2014 at 9:51:21 am

this is all of the documentation for the mattefuse tool that has been provided: file:///Library/Application%20Support/FxFactory/PHYX%20Keyer.fxpack/Assets/Docs/MatteFuse.html

I have contacted them bout any further information. still awaiting reply.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jan 4, 2014 at 6:53:53 pm

You might want to look on their blog - they pretty much walk you through the whole process:

http://www.phyxware.com/blog.html

But they sure are light on documentation on the site - I couldn't find a manual anywhere!

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Lewis Wood
on Jan 5, 2014 at 9:41:49 am

Yeah Ive already taken a look at this blog page, but it still doesn't explain anything about the matte fuse tool. Its unfortunate because the plugin tools with the phyx keyer other than the mattefuse tool are very intuitive and powerful.

Is there another way to create a key on a subject using multiple mattes and using them together seamlessly? I can get a perfect key on the subjects hair, and the subjects feet. just not both both together with the same keying settings.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 5, 2014 at 7:20:29 pm

That's tough to say without seeing a screenshot of the video. With no effect applied.

For all we know, the lighting might be awful... and good lighting is the key to keying.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]