FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can you preserve file locations and eliminate missing file problems?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Phillips
How can you preserve file locations and eliminate missing file problems?
on Dec 19, 2013 at 10:09:17 pm

I have a ~4gb folder on my hard drive containing 20 or so After Effects project files, and most of the files they use are contained within that folder. I recently subscribed to Creative Cloud, and I want to move this over to the Creative Cloud cloud storage so I can work on projects from different computers.

So, that leads me to my question. If I copy & paste that folder over, will After Effects automatically detect that the parent directory has changed or will I have to manually replace all the missing files?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: How can you preserve file locations and eliminate missing file problems?
on Dec 20, 2013 at 5:10:57 am

If the paths are _exactly_ the same, including drive/volume names, then no relinking will be required.

If the paths are different, but you preserve the relative folder structure, then After Effects will try (and usually succeed) in relinking all of the files once you've relinked one file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]