FORUMS: list search recent posts

question about Adobe Dynamic Link.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Rivera
question about Adobe Dynamic Link.
on Nov 24, 2013 at 5:58:59 am
Last Edited By Sebastian Rivera on Nov 24, 2013 at 9:19:38 am

Maybe I am doing something wrong? can you help?

THis is the situation I have CS6 - Working in after effects - masking 4 different videos into one comp - then when I export as Premiere pro project, when I copy paste from after effects to premiere pro The masks are gone and I get one video over the other videos 4 times. I can import in premiere - using import dynamic link after effects composition and the masking looks fine, but If i do this I have no access to individual layers inside the comps in premiere.

So basically I can't get all of my AE Separate layers with masks included into premiere pro for further editing since premiere deletes the masks. This is very frustrating since now, most of the editing has to be done in AE.

Is there any other editing software where I can import AE separate layers with Masks included? for futher editing.

thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Stefan Hinze
Re: question about Adobe Dynamic Link.
on Nov 24, 2013 at 3:40:31 pm

I´m not sure if i understod you right (no nativ english speaker).
i think thats the way it is, premiere and AE are two different programs for diffrent tasks. the fact that it it posible to import a AE comp into PP ist already cool, of course it´s limited.

how about rendering the Comp and import it to PP when the AE-work is done?

Return to posts index

Sebastian Rivera
on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:26:43 pm

Yes, I guess I would just have to edit in AE. I am going to consider moving to Nuke after this since that software integrates nicely with Hiero.

thanks anyways

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:56:02 am

[Sebastian Rivera] "Yes, I guess I would just have to edit in AE. I am going to consider moving to Nuke after this since that software integrates nicely with Hiero."

Nuke and Hiero do look great together. Ae and Premiere integrate nicely, too, but ultimately with any of these two-application workflows, you will run into an issue where one application must be responsible for something that you want to control from the other application.

[Sebastian Rivera] "THis is the situation I have CS6 - Working in after effects - masking 4 different videos into one comp - then when I export as Premiere pro project, when I copy paste from after effects to premiere pro The masks are gone and I get one video over the other videos 4 times. I can import in premiere - using import dynamic link after effects composition and the masking looks fine, but If i do this I have no access to individual layers inside the comps in premiere. "

What exactly are you trying to do? Maybe we can suggest a different approach?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Sebastian Rivera
on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:15:36 am

Thanks Walter your help is always appreciated. The project is a bit complicated to describe.
I settled for rendering out each layer separately and using RGB + alpha and then using Premiere to put it together. z

I am still working on the same project from a couple of months ago.
You gave me some good advise regarding precomposing and masking.

when the project is over I'll make sure to send you the info. And maybe you can then give me your opinion of what would have been better.

thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 26, 2013 at 7:20:19 pm

[Sebastian Rivera] "Thanks Walter your help is always appreciated. The project is a bit complicated to describe. I settled for rendering out each layer separately and using RGB + alpha and then using Premiere to put it together. z"

Seems like a reasonable solution.

This is kind of a tough problem, trying to do both compositing and editorial at the same time. I generally try to get through editorial first, then handle the compositing with as close to a locked edit as I can manage -- but of course this is not always possible.

Good luck with your project!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]