FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing from Premiere Pro to After Effects turns my clip into a composition now..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lito Lorenzo
Importing from Premiere Pro to After Effects turns my clip into a composition now..
on Oct 29, 2013 at 11:33:55 pm

I apologize if this is a Premiere Pro or After Effects solution to this but here is my problem.

I work a lot with both programs hand in hand, but today I started a new project and finished editing in Premiere Pro. When I started to import the clips into After Effects, my clips were showing as compositions. This has never happened. Normally they would show up in After Effects as clips, and if I wanted to turn them into its own comp, I would then do so..

This is a drag for me because I have certain effects on my clips that can not be imported as a comp like the warp stabilizer.

What is going on??

Is there something I can do to bring it back to normal or is importing clips into After Effects as compositions now permanent?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Importing from Premiere Pro to After Effects turns my clip into a composition now..
on Oct 29, 2013 at 11:42:51 pm

Since we know nothing of your system, your OS and its version, plus your specific AE version, it's difficult to give any advice.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lito Lorenzo
Re: Importing from Premiere Pro to After Effects turns my clip into a composition now..
on Oct 30, 2013 at 12:00:15 am

System: mac
AE: CS6 11.0.3.6

Return to posts index

Lito Lorenzo
on Oct 30, 2013 at 12:01:34 am

System: mac
AE: CS6 11.0.3.6

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 30, 2013 at 12:22:56 am

I think you need the most recent AE CS6 update. I believe it works with the new Mac OS.

Personally, I don't know why anyone woulde even think about changing operating systems without first investigating what the change will do to their applications. There are plenty of problems between AE and the new Mac OS on user forums.

I guess the allure of "free!" is just too much for some people to resist.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 30, 2013 at 1:39:19 am

My guess is that you've done something to the clips in Premiere Pro that is causing this change in behavior. An unaltered clip in Premiere Pro will come across as a clip/layer in After Effects, but---for example---a clip that uses certain effects or the Scale To Frame Size option will come across as a precomposition to encapsulate those changes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David Jolosky
on Oct 31, 2013 at 4:28:00 am

Thanks for the informed response Todd. I have a colleague who was encountering something very similar so I think you provided a solution he is going to double check as a troubleshooting method. Thanks again.

As for Dave LaRonde - Wow, sir, I see a lot of your posts are focused around criticism that doesn't seem fitting of a supportive creative community.

I guess the allure of a "free community message board" is too much to for you to resist your sage "advice".

If it can't be constructive, maybe leave it off the thread now and again.

david jolosky, visual communications || design || construct || interact

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]