FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE CC Time issues / Playhead on middle of frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Callahan
AE CC Time issues / Playhead on middle of frame
on Oct 5, 2013 at 1:22:39 am

Hello and thank you for your time!

What I want: Lipsync by making a precomp with mouths (all one frame) and then time-remapping that in my main comp for different mouth shapes as needed. Nothing crazy. All keyframes I make are "hold" keyframes, so there's no transitions between them.

What's Happening: I'll spend my sweet time remapping the precomp's time to the designated audio clip, it'll look terrific. Then within 5 min or more, that time remapping seems to go out the window. The keyframes will rather represent the frame that would have gone right after it, right before it, or just way off entirely.

A few times, it fixed itself, but generally doesn't.

What I've done to solve this:
- Make new projects (it's happened over the span of over 60 projects - all started from scratch)
- Purge All Memory & Disk Cache... Sometimes this works and I get my proper keyframes back. Mostly, no.
- Reset PRAM
- Shutdown/Restart
- Bang head on desk
- Change framerate
- Complain about it
- Send bug fixes to Adobe

But to no avail. Any ideas?

Todd Answered this part - "Not sure if the picture attached is abnormal - I can no longer remember, but is it weird that the playhead is in the middle of 2 frames? Isn't it normally just on 1 frame?"
"There is nothing unusual about your screenshot. You are showing the CTI at the beginning of a frame. The grey area around the CTI indicates the shutter extent for motion blur."

Thanks for your time!
Ben

My Specs:
AE CC (12.0.0.404) - comp is 1080p 23.976
Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB
24 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE CC Time issues / Playhead on middle of frame
on Oct 5, 2013 at 2:43:47 am

There is nothing unusual about your screenshot. You are showing the CTI at the beginning of a frame. The grey area around the CTI indicates the shutter extent for motion blur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ben Callahan
on Oct 5, 2013 at 2:47:30 am

Hmm. First question still unanswered. But thanks for that, Todd! Didn't realize that!

Return to posts index

Ben Callahan
on Oct 15, 2013 at 9:44:20 pm

Has anyone else experienced this??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]