FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Motion Tracker Text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Sall
3D Motion Tracker Text
on Sep 11, 2013 at 6:45:38 am

I hope I've come to the right place for help. I have done a 3d camera track on a time lapse with a title that appears between the 6 and 12 second mark. I have embossed the text and added a concave bevel. I am a complete newb with editing but now that I have completed the text and tracking, I am trying to figure out how to make the solid color transparent but leave the bevel color. Is there anyway I can do this without adding another camera tracked layer? My computer is super slow so if there was a less CPU strenuous way to achieve a transparent motion tracked text with strong outlines I would love to know how to do so! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: 3D Motion Tracker Text
on Sep 11, 2013 at 7:34:01 am

"I have embossed the text and added a concave bevel" - is it 2d or 3d text?

If it's a flat (2D) text layer that you positioned in 3d space using the track data, you can precompose the text, leaving all attributes in the main comp, duplicate the text inside, have the top layer just outlines and the bottom fill only, and reduce the opacity of the bottom layer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Steven Sall
on Sep 11, 2013 at 7:35:30 am

Hi thank you for the prompt response.

It is 3D text.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Sep 11, 2013 at 7:36:39 pm

I would use Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro for that- way easier to work with bevels, texturing and transparencies.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 14, 2013 at 5:55:18 am

You will need to apply Text Operators. You find them in the Timeline, to the right of each Text Layer, within the small Add button menu. From here, you can select to have different colors for your front, back and bevel as well as opacity and material settings.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Steven Sall
on Oct 2, 2013 at 4:33:36 am

Thank you for the info. But...
If I adjust the transparency the whole text becomes transparent including the beveled edge. What I am looking for is the bevel edge to remain and the inside be clear so you can see the background.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]