FORUMS: list search recent posts

Whats happening to my Null Object / Camera, please advise?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason James
Whats happening to my Null Object / Camera, please advise?
on Sep 8, 2013 at 4:57:38 pm

Hello.

Ive been using After effects for about 2 years.

I know obviously about basic keyframes, basic null movement, basic camera moments.

My work on my current project has stopped point blank. I really need some help.

I have a solid line that appears courtesy of a mask, then the line animates to the right and moves with a null/cam. Then some pictures appear as normal and they have rotation applied.

After my pictures appear a new solid line appears again courtesy of a mask. This 2nd line travels downwards from the last point of the preceding 1st line.

When my 2nd line travels downwards, i obviously keyframe my null to move the camera downwards.

Now this is the problem. Between my 1st line keyframes (2 of them for the animation of my first line) and the next 2 keyframes (2 of these also for the animation of my 2nd line downwards) im getting an unwanted movement of my whole project sliding/moving slowly from right to left, between my 1st line keyframes and 2nd line keyframes.

This movement is called what? is it called a 'Boomarang' movement or something else? But ive already changed my keyframes to linear from bezier intorpolation.

Why is my project moving in this way? How can i stop it?

What is the name of this unwanted movement and how can i prevent it from occurring again?

I cannot continue working now, and i certainly cannot render what i have made.

Can someone please help me?!

Learn the Curve... Ride the wind!

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Whats happening to my Null Object / Camera, please advise?
on Sep 8, 2013 at 5:49:02 pm

[Jason James] "This movement is called what? is it called a 'Boomarang' movement or something else? But ive already changed my keyframes to linear from bezier intorpolation."

Double check that your Spatial interpolation is set to Linear.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Jason James
on Sep 10, 2013 at 3:46:55 pm

I already have checked my interpolation as being linear.

What i did find, is if i added a single keyframe anywhere within my two null movement keyframe sets, then dragged the extra keyframe over my first null keyframe movement, then for some reason it cancelled out any unwanted movement i had been experiencing.

I still dunno why i had that movement to begin with, what its called, and now i dunno why adding the extra keyframe made it better.

But thanks for your effort to assist me.

Learn the Curve... Ride the wind!

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Sep 10, 2013 at 4:29:26 pm

[Jason James] "I already have checked my interpolation as being linear."

You haven't said which interpolation you've set to linear though: spatial or temporal?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]