FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 29.97 to 59.94 is doubling the length of my video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank Raposo
Converting 29.97 to 59.94 is doubling the length of my video
on Sep 3, 2013 at 7:08:03 pm

I created an 8 minute comp (7552x552) at 29.97. The client wants is at 59.94, 24 bit Targa sequence. After I export my final comp, I re-import the Targa sequence to check for errors and my 8 minute video is 16 minutes. I've change the frame rate to 59.94 in the render settings, with no luck. I changed the actual comp settings to 59.94 and still get the same results. I've tried dropping my final comp into another 59.94 comp and render it out that way but I still get a 16 minute video when I re-import my Targa sequence.

I've also tried changing the field rendering. I've exported with it off and with Upper field and I still get a 16 minute Targa sequence. I've never exported a Targa sequence out of AE before so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Converting 29.97 to 59.94 is doubling the length of my video
on Sep 3, 2013 at 8:26:14 pm

Image sequences do not store any information about framerate. Because of this, After Effects applies a default framerate, specified under "Sequence Footage" in After Effects > Preferences > Import.

You can override that guess by right-clicking your imported sequence and using Interpret footage [link] to change its frame rate.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]