FORUMS: list search recent posts

Manually Remove Plugins After Uninstalling (FX Factory Pro)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Young
Manually Remove Plugins After Uninstalling (FX Factory Pro)
on Aug 31, 2013 at 8:50:49 pm

I've somehow messed up my FX Factory Pro and the apps uninstaller simply hangs. So I followed Walter Soya's awesome suggestion for someone else:

"Look in Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Common > Plug-ins > (pick your version of AE) > MediaCore, and you should find two files for FxFactory: FxFactory.plugin and ImporterFxFactory.bundle. - Walter Soya (Creative Cow)"

Now AE opens right up without warnings. Awesome. However, the FX Factory plugins are still present in the Effects panel. They don't work, but are there.

Is there a way to manually remove those also? FX Factory's plugins aren't easily identifiable in the Application's plugins folder, so I don't know how to do this.

Return to posts index

Lillian Young
Re: Manually Remove Plugins After Uninstalling (FX Factory Pro)
on Aug 31, 2013 at 9:33:08 pm

Fixed:

I uninstalled a newer version of Fx Factory Pro. I was trying to uninstall an older one. I had several old After Effects folders with this plugin still in them.

By uninstalling the newer version, I got an error message that detailed every path of the problem, allowing me to manually trash each plugin.

So the problem has been solved for me. I hope this helps someone else.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]