FORUMS: list search recent posts

To bring only clips used in FCP into AE workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Rouric
To bring only clips used in FCP into AE workflow
on Aug 29, 2013 at 9:53:50 pm

Hi, I feel like I'm missing a crucial step here.

I'm trying to move only the pieces of footage that I used in a sequence in FCP into AE for final effects.

Right now I'm doing that by using the Copy in Media Manager, with the clips in the timeline that need effects highlighted. This way it makes new media clips for them with handles, and then I can take those clips and bring em into AE, export as the same codec, and drop them back in at the same time in the original project file.

Is there a better way???

Also I've tried Popcorn Island's FCP2AE script, but it won't work with this project, says something about parameter 6 being NaN... probably because the client has me working with h.264/proxies. So other than FCP2AE, any better way?

EDIT: Copy didn't do what I thought it was going to do, still ended up with full clips. Guess I'm gonna cut them down to the needed sections in MPEGStreamClip instead...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: To bring only clips used in FCP into AE workflow
on Aug 29, 2013 at 10:46:26 pm

Ooohh, shouldn't you have the real video and not the proxies for the AE work anyway?

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 30, 2013 at 4:07:33 am

Why are you using this script from Popcorn Island? There is a feature built into After Effects (CS6 and later) for importing FCP XML files.

See this video for how to use this built-in feature:
https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/using-pro-import-after-effects-for-p...

If you have a previous version of the application, you can still use the same feature; you just need to download it from the Automatic Duck website: http://www.automaticduck.com/products/piae/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jeff Rouric
on Aug 30, 2013 at 7:01:20 am

Lovely. That's been there the whole time. Whole thing gets brought in as one intact sequence, some effects work as well. Neat and laid out in order. No worries about handles. No redoing clips to bring them in...

I'm going to go leave a note for future me and then kill myself :P

Thanks!

And Dave, yeah this client only gave me h.264 footage to work with, no raws.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]