FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting the alpha file correctly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evan halleck
Exporting the alpha file correctly
on Aug 13, 2013 at 4:00:52 pm

So I have completely finished all of the effects on a short film. The Editor now lives multiple states away from me. He gave me compressed files to put effects on because the red cam footage was to large to send. He told me to do all the effects then export him the alpha file and he would drop it on the red footage. When ever I just render out the alpha file it is just a white screen. Any reason why this would happen? how do I fix this?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Exporting the alpha file correctly
on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:13:08 pm

When you are rendering, what format/codec are you using? Also what are you using to view the rendered file after?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

evan halleck
on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:18:45 pm

I have tried both animation and pro res 422. I have tried opening in quicktime and throwing in to final cut its just a white screen .

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Aug 13, 2013 at 7:58:32 pm

All white means that the entire thing is the alpha. Like you have a video layer/solid that covers the entire composition. In AE, you can check your alpha channel, by toggling the RGB button(three colored circles) under your comp window. Now if turns the screen all white, then your alpha is exporting correctly, probably just not in the way you want.

Could you explain the situation in more detail, what is this footage you are using and what are you trying to accomplish?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]