FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Location of Render Settings Template on a Mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hagop Goudsouzian
File Location of Render Settings Template on a Mac
on Aug 9, 2013 at 1:12:32 am

I have moved to a new computer. With my old computer AE CS6 I had a "Render Settings Template" I used all the time. I have moved over several files but none of them worked. The question is: On a mac, Snow Leopard AE CS6 which file contains the "Render Settings Template" so that when I move it over to the new computer "Mountain Lion" I can access it again. (it was easier with AME.)

Thanks,
Hagop

Return to posts index

Dustin Lawhorn
Re: File Location of Render Settings Template on a Mac
on Aug 9, 2013 at 2:37:20 am

they are .ars files.

If you want to save a render-settings template for use on another system, you can click the Save All button in the Render Settings Templates dialog box before you close it (or, reopen the dialog box later by choosing Edit > Templates > Render Settings). Save the file in an appropriate location on your hard disk, such as in the After Effects application folder. All the currently loaded render settings are saved in a file with the .ars extension. Then, copy this file to the disk of the other system. When you start After Effects on that system, choose Edit > Templates > Render Settings, click the Load button, and select the new .ars file to load the settings you saved.

output modules are .aom files.

-dl

Return to posts index

Hagop Goudsouzian
on Aug 9, 2013 at 3:01:10 am

Thank you, I hoped it would be just a file to move over. I have the drive, the computer died. My current retina does not boot from 10.6.8. So I'll try to find one and boot from my drive, open a project "save all" (render settings template, window) and import that into the new environment.

Thanks,
Hagop

Return to posts index

Dustin Lawhorn
on Aug 9, 2013 at 3:27:41 am

Yeah. I've seen it before hidden way down in the system.
Here:
(Mac OS) /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/10.0 (or 11.0 for CS6)

but I remember that it wasn't an .ars file there. Plus I think the problem we had is that it wasn't 'moveable' from down in there. (Todd K. would know that).

When you save it out from the Render Settings dialog box, you know that you have the right file and you know where you put that file.

-dl

Return to posts index

Hagop Goudsouzian
on Aug 9, 2013 at 3:52:31 am

Yes, before posting, I moved as many (Adobe and After Effects) files I could think of but did not help. I also created a new template, then searched the computer for a file that was modified in the last few minutes, but that did not help either. So, it appears that .ars file you mentioned is only created on demand. I hoped it would be otherwise. Thanks, H.

Return to posts index

violet fane
on Sep 7, 2013 at 6:17:23 pm

Hello,
I don't know where this "save all" button would be. I'm using version CS6 and have saved previous render files, however, the new project I'm working on, I'd like to save it to a new folder.

Where/how do I change this path?

Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]