FORUMS: list search recent posts

Before I buy AE cs6 is there any problems with it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nige morgan
Before I buy AE cs6 is there any problems with it?
on Aug 1, 2013 at 8:24:09 pm

I've noticed some people in the past have upgraded software for a program then something doesn't work.

Are there any problems with AE cs6?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Before I buy AE cs6 is there any problems with it?
on Aug 1, 2013 at 8:34:34 pm

Works fine after you install/then download the free upgrades, there were a few bugs. So after you install it, just go to help right away and click "Updates". It's been remarkably stable for me.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 2, 2013 at 4:39:18 am

There are still a few significant bugs, but we'll be releasing a bug-fix update for After Effects CS6 relatively soon to deal with a dozen or so of the most significant ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Aug 2, 2013 at 12:39:37 pm

Significant bugs? And I've been using the software for a year with hardly a problem since the last update, be interesting to see what's getting patched.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Aug 2, 2013 at 12:58:16 pm

Since I bought a mouse to macro the mini flowchart pop up (My keyboard was tired of all the shift bashing), nothing else bothers me in cs6.

It crashes about 80% of the time every single time I hit render while encoding to .wmv (This happens a lot in my workflow). But I got so used to save prior to that and since it allways work the second time its not a big deal.

I'd say overall in its current state it's a pretty solid release. The best I've used to date.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 2, 2013 at 5:12:16 pm

I'll share a complete list when we release the update, but I can tell you now about some now:

There's a conflict between the developer preview of Mac OSX v10.9 and After Effects, and we'll be incorporating a fix that gets around this problem. That fix has an added benefit of improved performance in the ray-traced 3D renderer (since it's an update to the OptiX library).

Also, we're incorporating fixes from Cycore to address several bugs in the Cycore (CC) effects that we include with After Effects.

There are also several crashers that we're fixing.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Paul King
on Aug 4, 2013 at 4:29:22 pm

Multithreaded rendering is also buggy.
I don't know anyone who doesn't have issues with it (stalling, crashing AE) even when it is setup correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]