FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are these effects called?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephan van der Watt
What are these effects called?
on Jul 22, 2013 at 1:44:52 am

Hi there! Recently I've seen a video that made me wow and I would like to know what the effects in the video were called. They seem to be like little drawn-on animations but I want to know the specific name of them. Here are some images of the effects:

This trumpet moves slightly when trumpet noises happen in the song.

When he flicks his fingers a little animation shows up.

When he slaps down his hand an animated dust cloud thingy appears.

And finally in this one when the scissor blades meet then a little droplet effect shoots out.

I'm really interested in these effects and I was wondering if anyone knew what they were called and possibly where I could learn them?
The video this was found in:

Please help! Thanks c:

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: What are these effects called?
on Jul 22, 2013 at 12:05:56 pm

Most were hand drawn. They may have animated scale, position but it's started with a drawing. There have been a few conversations about this on the Cow in the past. Here's one that discusses it in the expressions forum.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved