FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with creating an animated colors in my video.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maggie Attanasova
Problem with creating an animated colors in my video.
on Jul 18, 2013 at 12:50:09 pm

Friend of mine made this music video, but he wants to put some animated color effects like in this video here: https://vimeo.com/39376584 . There is a dog who is running true white and black town, after the dog everything becomes colorful and the colors also are moving with the music rhythm. This is the effects we looking for, the problem is that i don't know from where to start really. I do apologizes but we are completely newbies in this software, me personally I do work most of the time with 3ds max, have done few things on AE but nothing like this. Please if anyone could give some advises. Here is a photo too, we need to look something like this:

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Problem with creating an animated colors in my video.
on Jul 18, 2013 at 5:43:53 pm

It appears that the Wasa video was probably drawn by hand, frame by frame, like traditional cel animation. If you are just trying to reveal a colored version of the scene then you could probably just use animated masks or "rotoscoping". Google "after effects rotoscoping tutorial" and "after effects masks tutorial" to learn how.

Also, if your camera is moving you will need to do some camera tracking as well so that your masks stay locked to the camera movement.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Maggie Attanasova
on Jul 19, 2013 at 5:22:56 am

Thank you a lot Erik Waluska , it was really helpful, i actually thought about that probably what we need is rotoscoping but wasn't sure, now i will try all the things u said....thanks.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Jul 19, 2013 at 7:32:01 pm

You are welcome! Glad to help. Another thing I just thought of is that if you end up having to track the camera movement you will probably need to use a track matte to reveal the colors. Is your shot locked down or is it moving?

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]