FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange grey outline on my track mattes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john damiani
strange grey outline on my track mattes
on Jul 3, 2013 at 2:37:25 am

i have a strange grey outline on my track mattes, i cannot figure out how to get rid of them, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

everything inside the animation layer is all keyframed shape layers

http://i.imgur.com/XnfH8zp.png

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
Re: strange grey outline on my track mattes
on Jul 3, 2013 at 4:20:18 am

Try using a the matte choker effect.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jul 3, 2013 at 12:06:19 pm

What color is the "animation" footage? that grey line seems to be there because there is another instance of the alpha source under the matted solid.

Return to posts index

john damiani
on Jul 3, 2013 at 4:38:59 pm

yes, one of the animation layers is underneath the black solid layer without any masking applied to it at all, that's were the outline is coming from, but im moving a shadow across the scene, so i need the layer there for the effect...

also the reason i am using 3d is because i panned the camera at an unusual angle, and i wanted the wings to have some depth without keyframing it too much, once it became a 2d scene i just kept the 3d layers so that i could cut the scene up without all parts getting all wonky

i did find a solution, i used the set matte effect instead, but i still kinda like using track mattes, so i wouldn't mind getting a solution for using that method still. but at least its not "omg nothing working" bad anymore.

oh also the original footage is white

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jul 4, 2013 at 11:57:26 am

You were using that layer to cast a 3d shadow? you can set it to cast shadows only and make that line go away. Most 2d shadow effects have that option also.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 3, 2013 at 3:49:03 pm

Why are you using 3D layers? It doesn't appear that they would be necessary... and mixing 2D and 3D only confuses things.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]