FORUMS: list search recent posts

conformed media cache

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Bird
conformed media cache
on Jun 17, 2013 at 10:12:11 pm

There's been a little discussion about conformed media cache, but if I understand what is happening, its got a pitfall that I'm trying to find a work around.
To explain, I'm using image sequences from 3D programs and importing them to AE as part of fairly complex Motion Graphics.
If I render an AE comp, and subsequently discover an error in the 3d section, I'll revert back to the 3d script, fix and re-render the 3d. I'll go as far as re-importing the media. At this point, I've always been able to render without fear of legacy cache creeping back into my comp. Now, in AE 6, I'm required to go to
Preferences/Media and Disk cache / Conformed Media...and then purge the previous media.
This sort of feels like a bug, because AE sporadically refers back to conformed media, and the renders can be wildly jittery as it randomly selects between conformed and revised media from the 2 directories.
MacPro, 10.8.4. AE CS6. 11.0.1.1.12 , SSD cache drive, 32 Gigs RAM.
Thanks for any insight, this will help me and a few others that experience this issue.

jb

BHD

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: conformed media cache
on Jun 18, 2013 at 2:03:43 am

You're not talking about the conformed media cache -- that's for audio that needs to be resampled. You're talking about Ae's disk cache, which is a part of a set of features collectively known as the global performance cache.

I'd suggest you install the 11.0.2 update for Ae CS6 [link] as it contains bug fixes affecting the cache.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Joseph Bird
on Jun 18, 2013 at 2:35:24 am

Wow, great timing.. Is this a recent update? I can't for the life of me figure out how I missed it. Maybe lost in the clouds....

Thanks so much.

JB

BHD

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 18, 2013 at 4:19:59 am

[Joseph Bird] "Wow, great timing.. Is this a recent update? I can't for the life of me figure out how I missed it. Maybe lost in the clouds...."

Nope, it's from October 2012. I find that Adobe's updater isn't anywhere near as annoying as a lot of other applications', so it's easy to miss an update like this.

If you're on Creative Cloud, After Effects CC should be going live any minute now.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]