FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Typewriter Effect - same typing speed on several text layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Mad
AE Typewriter Effect - same typing speed on several text layers?
on Jun 4, 2013 at 10:40:24 pm

Thanks for this great site and community where I have found a lot of help throughout the years. This time I couldn't find anything on the subject anywhere on the internet so I hope this is an appropriate place to ask for.

I am using After Effects CS6 on Win7. I found an issue with the Animate In Effect "Typewriter" that I am sure is easy to solve and I am probably overlooking something obvious:

So the speed of the typing is defined by how far the two keyframes (Start 0% --> 100%) are apart. In my specific case I want one letter to appear every two frames. With some patience I can move the 100% keyframe back and forth until the timing is right. However, I want to apply the same effect on let's say 50 text layers (my project has a lot of text blocks) with different lenghts. If I just copy/paste the effect onto the other layers, the timing will never be the same unless the text layers have the same amount of characters (which is not the case).

Is there a way to define the typing speed by "letters per frame" or something? Or any workaround for this? Would help me a lot and spare me some gray hair...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: AE Typewriter Effect - same typing speed on several text layers?
on Jun 6, 2013 at 10:18:00 am

You should be able to do this with Expressions. Post your Q here - http://forums.creativecow.net/adobe_after_effects_expressions

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]