FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codecs for Stereoscopic export/playback

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Andersson
Codecs for Stereoscopic export/playback
on May 31, 2013 at 2:49:29 pm

Hi
I have been searching the web and this site now and can't find out/figure out if i need special codecs for exporting out my stereoscopic footage i rendered in Cinema 4D.

To explain more:
I have now rendered stereoscopic imagery (side by side) in cinema 4D and as i render these out as image sequence i always go thru AE. So now is my dilemma when I want to export this out. It need to be in a container and with a codec.

My goal is to play this on my Samsung TV for preview. so that have some restraints. but overall how dose it then work with the file formats and codecs. is there just a few that supports this or is there any formats that is telling the TV ok TV this is 3D and it is side by side or top and bottom etc?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Codecs for Stereoscopic export/playback
on May 31, 2013 at 5:21:11 pm

[John Andersson] "My goal is to play this on my Samsung TV for preview. so that have some restraints. but overall how dose it then work with the file formats and codecs. is there just a few that supports this or is there any formats that is telling the TV ok TV this is 3D and it is side by side or top and bottom etc?"

I haven't done this recently, but you should be able to feed the TV a plain-vanilla video signal and configure the set to treat it as side by side or top over bottom.

If you want the TV to be told automatically what to do, I think you'll have to connect to the TV via HDMI and author a 3D Blu-ray.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

John Andersson
Re: Codecs for Stereoscopic export/playback
on Jun 3, 2013 at 1:05:40 pm

Thanks Walter

I did some test and did a readable video file and put it on a stick and feed it to the TV. when the TV started the animation i just pushed the TV's 3D button and told it was side by side.
That worked fine.

I will do some more tests and if i find something more out. i will post it here

Thanks for your reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]