FORUMS: list search recent posts

How much would you charge for this video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Head
How much would you charge for this video?
on May 15, 2013 at 5:44:48 am

https://vimeo.com/66213917

Just wondering what you guys would be willing to pay for this video? That includes the original filming, creation of all the fireworks, particle manipulation etc etc. I've done a LOT of reading on this, and kind of have an idea on how much I'd charge based on effort/hours put in. But disregarding that, I'm wanting to know what people would expect to pay having just seen it. Thanks! (:

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How much would you charge for this video?
on May 15, 2013 at 11:23:30 am

Rates are different around the country, so I'm not going to get into exact dollars, but that would be a half day shoot. Than probably 6-8 hours motion graphics work. Figure out your rates, go from there.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jesse Head
on May 15, 2013 at 11:52:07 am

Thanks for the reply. Do you honestly think creating the fireworks alone could be done in 6-8 hours?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on May 15, 2013 at 4:40:31 pm

For me, Yes, but i've done it before and know the workflow but that's reflected in my rates.

For fireworks, check out Particular's Pyro Pack, that's pretty much how I learned to create good looking one's in AE.

Also if you register with Red Giant People you can download some more free Fireworks Presets for particular.

Here's a tutorial on creating fireworks using particular, if you are interested.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Brent Cook
on May 16, 2013 at 2:24:31 am

I'm a bit confused. This is your video, right? I assume you know how much time and effort went into creating it. It doesn't really make sense to ask someone else how much they think its worth. Like John said, rates vary by region...and by videographer...and the amount and kind of work he put into it.

BTW, there is a sensor dust spot I would definitely take care of.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]