FORUMS: list search recent posts

Purge All shortcut in CS5 using a MacBook Pro/laptop keyboard with no numeric keypad?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Imam
Purge All shortcut in CS5 using a MacBook Pro/laptop keyboard with no numeric keypad?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 12:43:58 pm

HI all,

As the subject says, I'm looking for the CS5 keyboard shortcut for Purge All under the Edit menu, on non-numeric keypad machines (e.g. MacBook Pro). Any have any clue? I checked the Adobe help page but they only have numeric keypad instructions:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WSCEBCDB03-0A9C-459e-873E...

I installed the KeyedUp script but it doesn't seem to have Purge All as an option? Let me know if I'm missing it.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid...

I even checked the official alternate keyboard shortcuts info page and they do not have Purge All listed:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS2bacbdf8d487e582318b176...

If anyone could help me out on how to do this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Purge All shortcut in CS5 using a MacBook Pro/laptop keyboard with no numeric keypad?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 2:57:05 pm

Are you really purging all of your caches so often that you need to use a keyboard shortcut for it? If so, that is a sign of a rather serious problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mike Imam
Re: Purge All shortcut in CS5 using a MacBook Pro/laptop keyboard with no numeric keypad?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 3:27:50 pm

Indeed I am. No serious problem, but I work on the road a lot, so I'm stuck with my maxed out 8GB of ram in my MacBook Pro. I do frequent RAM previews which eat up a ton of memory, so I purge after every few previews. Make sense?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 29, 2013 at 4:19:26 pm

It sounds like what you want to purge is just the image caches, not use the broader "All" command. You are throwing away the baby with the bathwater.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Mike Imam
on Apr 29, 2013 at 5:00:17 pm

That could work too - is there a shortcut for that on a non-numeric keypad laptop keyboard?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 29, 2013 at 5:02:59 pm

Nope. No shortcut for that at all.

If you want a shortcut for that, please make a feature request:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Mike Imam
on Apr 29, 2013 at 5:39:51 pm

Thanks for confirming. I made the feature request. I should probably ask Jeff Almasol to add it to the KeyedUp script as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]