FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Rendering Services

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Sekora
After Effects Rendering Services
on Apr 18, 2013 at 1:15:50 am

Does anyone know of a good Rendering service?

Return to posts index

Paul Stevenson
Re: After Effects Rendering Services
on Apr 18, 2013 at 9:17:47 am

I don't, but I would suspect it would be fraught with problems if your doing anything beyond using the standard tools and building the whole thing in AE.

I mean the amount of 3rd party plugin's, tools, fonts and the sheer size of your input media, would all count severely against it being a viable online service...I would think.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Apr 19, 2013 at 2:19:58 pm

I did a quick search out there, and found hardly anything claiming to be a render farm for AE. There is tons of information on configuring your own, and my guess is that it's what most people do. Do you have a network available?

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Sean Sekora
on Apr 19, 2013 at 4:01:38 pm

Thanks Joe.

I've set one up on Amazon's cloud environment for testing and it seems to be a really good option. Do you think there could be an interest in the After Effects community for a cloud based rendering service?

Best Regards,
Sean Sekora

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Apr 19, 2013 at 5:46:30 pm

Sean -

I honestly think that there are so many variables as posted above by Paul Stevenson, that the problems might far outweigh the benefits. There are a few cases in which I would consider using it, but for the most part, even with a workstation which is bordering on old (dual processor, 8GB RAM), I can still crank out comps with over 30 or so layers in a reasonable amount of time per frame.

I've seen such a benefit from the CS6 upgrade, in terms of speed, that I haven't even approached being frustrated by waiting for renders. But I'm sure there are others, who might be using the more processor-intensive aspects of AE, who would think about it...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Sean Sekora
on Apr 19, 2013 at 8:14:53 pm

Thanks Joe,

I just spoke with our team and our After Effects person said that we should be able to provide the most common plugins and fonts to start then add to our available ones as requested by customers.

Once we have everything set up would you be willing to possibly submit a test project? The testing process will be simple and include collecting files into a shared Dropbox folder and having the rendered project returned the same way. I'm sure we could offer free rendering services in return.

Best Regards,
Sean Sekora

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Apr 22, 2013 at 2:52:08 pm

Hi Sean -

Sorry to be replying a bit late - this post moved down the page rather quickly. What do you consider to be the most common plugins? I personally own Red Giant's Magic Bullet Suite, Trapcode Suite, and Effects Suite, in addition to Element 3D, Newton2, and a few others which don't immediately come to mind.

Because I do contract work, I have upwards of a thousand fonts on my workstation. I own the Adobe Font Folio, and also have hundreds of other free and paid fonts on my system. How will you deal with the licensing issues the fonts present. I don't believe that we're allowed to send a typeface along due to licensing restrictions.

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud here. I might be willing to send along a project, but it would have to be a past project, since most of the work I do is for high-tech firms who have me under a non-disclosure agreement.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Sean Sekora
on Apr 24, 2013 at 11:10:49 am

Hi Joe,

That would be great if you could send a test project. We almost have everything setup and should be ready to start our testing next week.

If you have a DropBox account could you email your DropBox email to sean [at] sekorasoftware [dot] com so we can share two folders with you, one for you to save your rendering request to and the second we will use to deliver the finished render to you.

Best Regards,
Sean Sekora

Return to posts index

asaf br
on Nov 5, 2013 at 8:54:27 am

Hi Sean,
I wonder if you got started with the rendering service.
If so, I would be interested to hear more about it.

Thanks,
Asaf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]