FORUMS: list search recent posts

pixel ratio query

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris brett
pixel ratio query
on Apr 9, 2013 at 11:17:52 am

Hi there

--- just finished an edit and realised pixel ratio is set wrongly.

Does anybody know if there is an easy fix for this please?

'Comp settings' was set to 1.42 inseaed of square.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

------------------------------------- chris --

Return to posts index

Paul Stevenson
Re: pixel ratio query
on Apr 9, 2013 at 12:19:37 pm

Could you create a new comp with the correct pixel aspect ratio and copy in your layers? I have never tried it so I am not sure if it will work.

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Apr 9, 2013 at 1:09:02 pm

Hi Paul -

- thanks for speedy reply but that sounds much the same to me as simply changing the comp settings

- I have wondered if theres some trick at the output stage but I cant find one ........

-------------------------------------------------chris

Return to posts index

Paul Stevenson
on Apr 9, 2013 at 1:20:34 pm

Indeed it does.

I am slightly lost as to why this won't do though? What exactly have you put together that changing the pixel ratio wouldn't fix? I mean when I set any setting in the pixel aspect ratio, other than square, it's a deformed picture.

I haven't been doing this long, so excuse my ignorance, but I am rendering at the moment so I might as well try and help :D

Just as an idea, would putting the output comp inside another comp (with the correct pixel ratios) and fitting it (as required) solve the problem?

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Apr 9, 2013 at 1:40:20 pm

Hi Paul

--------------- theres loads of animating shapes and they are all out of place ....

....... dont worry thanks - I reckon if there was an easy answer it would probably arrived by now.....

...... am thinking now that its a question of correcting comp settings and repositioning everything .....though was thinking of rendering out and importing to correct -- though its hardly worth it as I have 5 versions to do so might as well just get on with it I think.

--------------------- thanks all the same - kind of confirmed what I was thinking anyway ------------- chris

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 9, 2013 at 1:52:40 pm

[chris brett] "Hi there --- just finished an edit and realised pixel ratio is set wrongly. Does anybody know if there is an easy fix for this please? 'Comp settings' was set to 1.42 inseaed of square."

Create a new comp which has the correct settings, then nest your original comp -- or just adjust the resolution of your output module.

If you were working in a 16:9 comp with non-square PAR and left PAR correction off in your viewer, meaning that everything looks right only when it's wrong, then nest it in a proper 16:9 comp, then adjust the horizontal scale to fit the frame.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Apr 9, 2013 at 3:09:08 pm

[Walter Soyka] "then adjust the horizontal scale to fit the frame."

There are some quick shortcuts to fit your pre-comp to the scale of the comp under the Layer > Transform menu. Though as Walter said: you probably won't need to do that.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]