FORUMS: list search recent posts

Parent position keyframe wont stay set in place

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodney Bean
Parent position keyframe wont stay set in place
on Apr 1, 2013 at 2:51:30 pm

hi, I have been working with aftereffects for a good while and now am working on CS6 creative cloud. Here is my problem-I have a parent layer which is a backgound and 38 children. I set a position and scale keyframe at 2 seconds on the parent layer and at 2:15 set another position and scale keyframe and zoom in and reposition onto a photo. I then go to 4:15 and create position and scale keyframes that are the same as the keyframes @ 2:15. Now I go to 4:30 and set position and scale keyframes and move to another photo closeup. So basically what I have done is start on wide shot with multiple photos and zoom to cu of photo hold for 2 secs and zoom to another closeup of photo. All the keyframes are on the parent layer. When I change the position and scale keyframes at 4:30, my position changes at the 2 second keyframe, so when I go back to the 2 second keyframe the position and scale are completely wrong and changed when I added the position and scale keyframes at 4:30. I did this same exercise in CS5 and had no problems. Thanks, Rodney Bean

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Parent position keyframe wont stay set in place
on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:56:31 pm

[Rodney Bean] "When I change the position and scale keyframes at 4:30, my position changes at the 2 second keyframe, so when I go back to the 2 second keyframe the position and scale are completely wrong and changed when I added the position and scale keyframes at 4:30"

The position and scale values on the actual keyframe have changed? The only case I'm familiar with of that happening is when you have more than one keyframe selected and are scrubbing the value.

You might also check to be sure that you are using Linear Spatial Interpolation on your Position keyframes.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Rodney Bean
Re: Parent position keyframe wont stay set in place
on Apr 1, 2013 at 6:02:28 pm

Hi Darby, I am using linear spatial interpolation and only selecting 1 position keyframe at a time. Is anyone else using AE 6 from the Creative Cloud. I can move position all around in other comps with no problems but with this parent and 38 children is giving me a hard time.

Thanks,
Rodney Bean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]