FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG2 formats missing in AE CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Engin Osmanovski
MPEG2 formats missing in AE CS6
on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:44:40 am

For some reason i have no MPEG2 formats in the Output Module window's formats list.

Since the Media Encoder has Mpeg2, I transfered the composition there and tried to choose several MPEG2 formats but each time i do that i got this weird error message: "[....srcCommand.cpp-2492]"

The other formats works fine. Why this is happening? How can i fix this? Should i reinstall?

Here are some screenshots of the issue:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1183/er3i.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3110/error2qt.png

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: MPEG2 formats missing in AE CS6
on Mar 31, 2013 at 3:49:31 am

That sounds like a problem with the activation of these codecs, which are unlocked by a separate part of the activation/licensing system.

Try deactivating and then reactivating the application. If that doesn't work, deactivate, uninstall, re-install, and reactivate.

Be sure to re-apply the latest update (Help > Updates) after you re-install.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Engin Osmanovski
on Mar 31, 2013 at 11:18:28 am

What if i render the composition in AE with lossless compression and then transfer the output to Media Encoder and re-render it to Mpeg2? Does this method have any drawbacks other than having to render twice?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 31, 2013 at 3:17:41 pm

No, there's no problem with that. In fact, we recommend using Adobe Media Encoder over After Effects for MPEG formats (MPEG-2 and H.264).

You can send a composition directly to AME without needing to render a master file in between, by the way. Just use the command in AME to add an After Effects composition to the encoding queue, or drag the composition from the After Effects Project panel into the AME queue.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Mar 31, 2013 at 7:37:17 pm

I look forward to the ability in the future to be able to rely on AE to be able to export all formats with no issues.Specifically, exporting to MXF OP1a AVC-100 29.97 sucks thru AME since I loose the Project Link capability which is a big speed up in my work flow.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]