FORUMS: list search recent posts

Puppet tool. How can I change the points once placed?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yoshiko Tanaka
Puppet tool. How can I change the points once placed?
on Mar 23, 2013 at 2:13:27 pm

Hello,

This might be a bit dumb question but I just can't figure it out... So, I stared using the puppet tool but the problem I have is that once I "pin" the points I can't change them anymore. For example I pin a point just below the head of a character but then decide to move the location of the point a little lower. In that case I have to go undo or redo the whole thing instead of moving only that point.

Anyone has any idea? I was expecting that I could move the point easily like holding down the option key and select the point like you do in Illustrator.... Please help!

Y

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Puppet tool. How can I change the points once placed?
on Mar 23, 2013 at 2:48:04 pm

From Adobe help:

To select or move a pin, click or drag it with the Move tool. To activate the Move tool, place the pointer on a pin while either the Selection tool or the corresponding Puppet tool is active.

Return to posts index

Tim Bentley
on Mar 23, 2013 at 10:01:12 pm

I think you mean changing where on the layer the pin is placed without distorting it. As far as I know this isn't possible, and I don't see how AE could do it without two different sets of position values - one for the pin in relation to the mesh, and one for the pin's actual movement (kind of like an anchor point).

You could try copying all the pin's position keyframes, deleting the pin, then placing a new pin and pasting the position keyframes. Then you'd just need to move all the keyframes the same amount as you moved the pin.

I can't check if that'd work as AE is doing something at the mo, but it works seamlessly in my head.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 24, 2013 at 1:26:05 am

No, you can't change which node on the mesh a pin is attached to after the pin is created.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Yoshiko Tanaka
on Mar 28, 2013 at 4:36:47 pm

Yes, that's what I meant and it seems like impossible. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

y

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]