FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flowers going in a circle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hope Holmesby
Flowers going in a circle
on Mar 10, 2013 at 1:12:12 pm

Hi, thanks for reading...

Would like to place 6 movies of blooming flowers. They would be forming a circle on the screen, then have them all rotate around in a circle.

What I mean by circle is: Image the face of a clock and they are all rotating around the rim of the clock, equally spaced. All staying upright.

How can one do this easily, wo animating each one individually w its own key frames.?

Thanks so much for your thots..
Warmly,
Hope

Life is here to enjoy.

iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 2TB; Mac OS 10.6.8, 16 GB RAM; 2 La Cie external HDs 1 TB each; After Effects CS5.5; Sound Track Pro 3.0.1; Final Cut Pro 7.0.3; Compressor 3.5.3

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Flowers going in a circle
on Mar 10, 2013 at 1:26:02 pm

You would parent them to a null at the center of your comp and rotate the null. Then on the objects you would alt-click on rotation, pick whip to the null and add minus sign to counter the nulls rotation.

-thisComp.layer("Null 1").transform.rotation

Here's a sample project if I wasn't clear: 5612_rotation.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Hope Holmesby
on Mar 10, 2013 at 1:37:41 pm

Dear John,

Thanks so much. Will give it a try...Unfortunately am running AE 10, so cant open the AE 11 file. But will see if I can do it.

So, so sweet of you.
Appreciate.

Life is here to enjoy.

iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 2TB; Mac OS 10.6.8, 16 GB RAM; 2 La Cie external HDs 1 TB each; After Effects CS5.5; Sound Track Pro 3.0.1; Final Cut Pro 7.0.3; Compressor 3.5.3

Return to posts index

Hope Holmesby
on Mar 10, 2013 at 1:49:28 pm

Hi again...just realized after trying this brilliant suggestion, that want we want, it is to actually rotate them not in an exact circle, but in an elliptical shape.

What do you think?

Warmly,
Hope

Life is here to enjoy.

Return to posts index

Hope Holmesby
on Mar 10, 2013 at 3:43:04 pm

Hi John...

Ok, got the AE 10 project...and got mine to work, based on it...thank you so much.

I guess if one wants to do something like this in an elliptical path, then either one has to make the circle version first, then pre-comp it, and scale it to an elliptical in the new comp.

To anyone else trying this....seems one has to have the CTI on the first rotation keyframe to get it to work.

OR

just have to hand keyframe each item to go in the elliptic?
Is this right?

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Warmly,
Hope

Life is here to enjoy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]