FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render settings for 24p output to 60i SD DVD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominic Lamontagne
Render settings for 24p output to 60i SD DVD
on Mar 7, 2013 at 1:57:24 pm

Should I render my 24p 720x480 (SD NTSC) comp WITH field rendering (lower field first ) AND pulldown to get a smooth 60i movie which I can burn to DVD?

Prior to burn, I would encode this (Loseless Animation .MOV) file (using Adobe Media Encoder) to MPEG2-DVD format.

A much more detailed explanation of my situation has been posted march 4 as «1080p 24 to NTSC DVD stutters because of improper pulldown or fields rendering?» but remains unanswered. I understand it was perhaps too long.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Render settings for 24p output to 60i SD DVD
on Mar 7, 2013 at 3:47:13 pm

Most DVD authoring software can create 24p DVDs. If your AE work is at 23.976, you can render to a lossless codec, then use Adobe Media Encoder to make the mpeg 2 file, and author the DVD in the frame rate and aspect ratio of your choice.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: nder settings for 24p output to 60i SD DVD
on Mar 7, 2013 at 6:31:04 pm

Dominic

You may find this useful:

http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan/2012/04/23/exporting-media-using-adobe-...

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Dominic Lamontagne
on Mar 7, 2013 at 7:19:13 pm

Thanks all,
Actually, I'm trying to understand how one properly outputs 24p for SD NTSC DVDs.
Videographer friends tell me to let Compressor and DVD Studio Pro do the work, but I'd like to understand what this actual work is. IS there interlacing, IS there pulldown?

I thought SD MPEG-2 video for DVD had to be 60i (30 drop, lower field first), but Dave seems to suggest that DVDs can playback 24p on SD NTSC TVs...

This confuses me a bit, but I'll try his suggestion and see if it fixes the slight hiccups I get throughout my slow pans in my movie when played back on a DVD player...

I don't own anything else but TOAST titanium as far as DVD authoring tools are concerned though.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 7, 2013 at 9:38:42 pm

[Dominic Lamontagne] "Videographer friends tell me to let Compressor and DVD Studio Pro do the work, but I'd like to understand what this actual work is. IS there interlacing, IS there pulldown?"

The DVD player adds the pulldown. Hollywood movies make 24P DVDs all the time. Movies are, after all, 24p...

DVD Studio Pro will work well for this.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]