FORUMS: list search recent posts

What program do you think they used to make this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stanislav Alekseev
What program do you think they used to make this?
on Feb 21, 2013 at 12:07:33 am

Please refer to 0:30 - I know it's not high quality 3D animation and I think some program has been used which helps a lot with the process of setting up and animating everything.

It probably is not some Adobe After Effects plug in - please move it to a more appropriate part of the forums.

Thanks
Stan

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: What program do you think they used to make this?
on Feb 21, 2013 at 6:49:35 am

Stanislav

You can create the 3D architectures in any 3D program like Blender(Free Software), Cinema 4D, 3DS MAX, MAYA and there are many more.

You can also import 3D objects in After effects using plugins like Element 3D which bring the 3D models with textures and can composite the scene in After Effects.

Just search for the tutorial on web to learn the 3D software basic first. I would suggest you to go for Blender to try things because it is free. Other 3D programs are quite Costly.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Feb 21, 2013 at 1:15:51 pm

As far as getting into the real details of the scenes, it's relatively simple, as in the horsemen, to do what's called a Crowd Simulation, in which you take a couple of variations on the rider (different clothes, for example), then set a simulation up in which the repetitions get done for you. You can avoid collisions, and all sorts of subleties, with much less work than setting up each individual. Here's a decent example of Crowd Simulation:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Stanislav Alekseev
on Feb 21, 2013 at 10:52:21 pm

Thank you!

I know it's not super complicated but it just seems too much work for little result (they cut every 2-7 seconds).

There are battle scenes as well - do you think they are using some kind of game engine to do this?
I've noticed that some of the scenes are photos with 3D characters.

Apart from that it was a TV production with hundreds of episodes (not long but considering how ofter they cut...) in 2007 (or so the credits tell me) - it just seems like a HUGE investment if it has to be animated the more classical way even using generators and such.

I've watched another production by STAR MEDIA - they pretty advanced, it's amazing what they did with some WW2 photos.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]