FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating around a mask path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Thurman
Animating around a mask path
on Feb 11, 2013 at 6:02:28 pm

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile with no luck, and maybe it can't be done. What I'm trying to do is animate a shape layer to a mask path in such a way that it bends to the curve of the mask path as it goes around it. As it is now, the shape layer (in this case a rectangle shaped layer) goes around the path but stays straight/rigid as it goes around it. Orienting the layer to the path makes it follow a little more closely to what I want but it still doesn't exactly. The best possible visual analogy I can come up with is: picture a snake slithering along the path and its body conforming exactly to the path curves. If anyone know of a way that this could be done I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
Re: Animating around a mask path
on Feb 12, 2013 at 10:26:15 am

Erik Thurman

May be this is what u r looking for ...

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/202/894620

Using red giant's path distort from the Text anarchy bundle does the what u r trying to achieve.

Return to posts index

Erik Thurman
on Feb 13, 2013 at 4:59:42 pm

I was hoping that there would be a way to do this without 3rd party plugins, seeing as red giant is a bit on the expensive side. Oh we'll. thanks Ashish for pointing me to that, I didn't know that plugin existed.

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
on Feb 14, 2013 at 10:48:50 am

NP Erik .. and yes i know red giant plugins are expensive but thats the only solution i could find to your problem ...
i m pretty sure there would be a way to achieve this with native AE plugins and some expressions ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]